The Philadelphia Eagles have partnered with Good Sports to provide football equipment to youth football programs in an effort to increase the capacities of inner city youth football programs to serve more youth.
Good Sports is a non-profit whose mission is to increase youth participation in sports, recreation and fitness activities. Good Sports provides sports equipment, apparel, and footwear to youth organizations offering sports, fitness and recreational programs to youth in need.
Please read the following information carefully prior to applying for an equipment grant to better understand our criteria and our process.
- Must be operating an organized youth football program
- Must directly serve youth aged 5-18 years old
- Must be located and serve youth within the Greater Philadelphia area (Southern New Jersey and Delaware are included)
- Special consideration will be given to programs that seek to increase participation of youth in inner-city areas
- Must demonstrate that an equipment grant would impact the organization in one of the following ways: help to develop a new program, increase the number of participants in an existing program, decrease the overall cost of the program for youth/families, and/or enhance the experience to retain youth in program.
- Should demonstrate significant dosage of recreation time (i.e. programs that meet for a longer duration or multiple times per week will be prioritized over programs that meet minimally)
- We do not require that your program have 501 ( c) 3 status
Submit an application:
- Incomplete applications will not be considered-all questions must be answered
- Estimates on demographics and budgets will be accepted where specific data may not be available
- If you feel it is necessary, you may include additional materials in your application
- Complete one application per program
- You may be asked to participate in phone interview---supporting documentation may be required
- For confirmation that your application has been received, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please submit your application by mail, email or fax-contact information located at bottom of application
Complete an evaluative questionnaire:
- If granted a donation, you will receive an evaluation form to help the Eagles and Good Sports understand how the donation was used and its benefits to your program. A deadline will be associated with the evaluation, and if you fail to complete this in a timely manner, you will not be considered for future equipment grants.
- You may be asked to coordinate site visits with Eagles and Good Sports staff for more in-depth interview/evaluations
Click here to apply