The first week of the post-draft, full-team Organized Team Activities are in the books. With a break in the action before training resumes on Monday, let's learn about the last of the team's eight draft picks - defensive end
- During his time at Oklahoma, King had to overcome the passing of his mother, Gladys, in 2010. A native of Houston, Tx., King sought comfort in his teammates and coaches at Oklahoma. King was raised by a single mother so the family of his best friend, Jeff McVaney, became a support system for him.
"They've been huge," King said. "You can call them an extended family, but they are my family. They support me as part of their family and, for that, I'm thankful for them. They've become a huge part of helping me become the man I am today."
- Since Houston's pro football team was in flux during his youth, King became a fan of the Philadelphia Eagles after Donovan McNabb was selected in the 1999 NFL Draft. At one point, his Facebook profile picture was that of former defensive end Jevon Kearse.
“I’m a big fan of the underdog,” King said, “so I was like, I’ll follow this team.”
- King lists the talent he would most like to have is the ability to play the acoustic guitar and sing.
- If King ever has a movie made about him, he would want actor Dennis Haysbert to play him. You know, the "Allstate Insurance guy."
"My friends in college said that we both have the same deep voice," King said.
- King's pregame ritual involves taping his right wrist before his left wrist while listening to the same "Candy" by Cameo.
- King earned his Bachelor's degree in Human Relations from Oklahoma.
- Prior to attending Oklahoma, King studied at Strake Jesuit Prep and Houston PREP. At Houston PREP, the institution’s mission is to help underprivileged children get into private schools.
"We had meetings every Saturday, we were involved in community service and I took summer classes," King said. "Going to (Houston PREP) helped tremendously and it opened many doors in my life."
- King's first job was gardening for a local store and being paid in vegetables. His favorite meal is not vegetarian. It's a double bacon cheeseburger with a strawberry lemonade.
Make sure to follow us on Twitter @EaglesInsider